Best Root Apps for Samsung Mobiles: Rooting allows users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to gain independent control over various Android subsystems.
Rooting in Samsung is performed with the goal of overcoming the limitations put on some devices during its manufacture. It gives the ability to your Samsung mobiles to reconstruct or replace system applications and settings, run specialized apps that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations that are unavailable to the phone.
On Samsung, rooting can develop the complete removal and replacement of the device’s operating system, usually with a more recent release of its current operating system.
Root Apps for Samsung Mobiles
Rooting your phone can give your phone enhancement and help the device work to fully without you having to compromise in accessing an app or service. Below is a list of best root apps for your Samsung mobiles.
Root Browser is a file manager app which allows you to effortlessly explore every single file, folder, and directory on your Samsung device. The key features of Root Browser include:
- Two different file manager panels
- Move, copy, rename, and delete files on the device
- Delete, zip, and extract files and folders anywhere on your device
- Explore (unzip) APK, RAR, zip, and jar files
- Change file permissions and ownership
- View and edit any file
- Send data by email
- Create new directories and delete directories
- Show lists of files with thumbnails for images, and many more.
This app has all the features that you want in your file manager on your device.
Quick Boot (Reboot)
Quick Boot is an app that allows you to efficiently reboot your Samsung device, power off, or boot your device into recovery or bootloader mode with one tap. It comes as a saviour for rooted devices which needs a frequent restart.
Quick Boot is a free to download app. The premium version features include:
- Hot Boots your Samsung device.
- Tasker/Locale plug-in for reboot and power off.
AdAway’s APK is an open source free software (GPLv3+) that work as an ad blocker which effectively installs a filter at the root levels on your Samsung device. This filter blocks data from several advertising-prone web servers.
The main features of AdAway include:
- Choose your own host files (host files are the lists of blocked advertisers)
- Add exceptions to your whitelist. Adding them will make accessing of certain apps easy. The blocked hosts can complicate the access at times.
- Name extra host in your blacklist. This is beneficial if some ads sneak through the filter
- Add your own hostname and IP pairs in the Redirection List
- Clean, modern UI which is easy to use
DiskDigger allows you to recover lost data that was corrupted or accidentally deleted on your Samsung device. It can undelete and recover lost photos from your camera’s internal memory. If you just reformatted your memory card or accidentally deleted a photo, you can easily regain it with DiskDigger.
It’s features include:
- DiskDigger scans all directories of your Android device for deleted files.
- The free version of DiskDigger only recovers certain deleted files which include .JPG, .PNG, and .MP4.
- Reveal dozens of different recoverable files on your system. With the upgrade version of DiskDigger Pro ($2.99), all files can get recovered.
- DiskDigger recovers the lost media files.
Greenify is free to download Android app designed to save battery life by restricting background apps. It prevents certain apps from running in the background and frees up RAM and CPU cycles.
The main features of Greenify are:
- It efficiently arrests certain Android apps. Greenify calls this freezing process “hibernation”.
- In hibernation, the apps stop running in the background causing it to cease the notifications delivery on your Samsung device. The hibernated app will work normally if you click on it or remove it from your Greenify list.
- Greenify uses the same function as ‘Force Stop’ on your device for apps. The only difference is, Greenify doesn’t allow those apps to start automatically. And if it does, Greenify stops it again without hindering other apps on your device.
SDFix: KitKat Writable MicroSD
It is a free app available on the Google Play Store. SDFix alters a file in your Android’s root system folder, which is why you need root access for this app to work. Without root access, the app cannot access or edit the file.
Android 4.4 KitKat eliminated the ability of writing files on microSD card on phones and tablets that have internal memory and user-installed microSD cards.
This is frustrating for users who stored their photos on their SD card, or for anyone who liked to install apps directly to their SD card.
- SDFix restores this ability with a modifying a system configuration file in the root directories of your device.
- That configuration file is found at /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml.
- SDFix modifies that file by adding the Android UNIX group “media_rw” to the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission’s configuration.
System App Remover
System App Remover is an app that allows you to safely uninstall irrelevant system apps. It safely removes apps by filtering to ensure they don’t cause compatibility issues after they’re removed from the device.
The main features of System App Remover include:
- It uninstalls multiple system apps at a time. Just mark the boxes beside the apps on a list.
- System App Remover can move apps to the SD card or to the phone’s internal storage
- It scans all APKs in SD card and searches through APKs to install
- Sorts the apps by portable, name, size, and time
- Backs up and restore apps
- Releases all app-related data on removal of an app
- Differentiates apps into separate categories by user apps, system apps, or APK files ready to install apps
- Backs up apps in the recycle bin after removal to easily restore system apps if needed.
The list of best Root Apps can go on. The above-mentioned are a few selected ones that helps you to use your Samsung device efficiently. Put down your list of best root apps that help you use your device well.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!