Cable One Speed Test: There are several important factors to keep in mind when figuring out which internet plan is the best fit for your lifestyle. And so is the right internet speed test.
Choosing the right internet plan is difficult. As a keen online gamer or Netflix streamer, the need for fast internet speed increases. And the amount of data needed directly relates to the amount paid.
And what if you get less of what you are paying? You have to keep track of what you are spending and getting in return. To make it easy, a bunch of internet speed tests is available. And Cable One is one of the ISP that has their internet speed tests. To use Cable One speed tests, you don’t have to sign in or be a customer of it.
Also Read: Mediacom Speed Test Review
How to use Cable One?
Using the Cable One speed tests is as simple as a speed test could be.
- Go to CableOne Speed Test website.
- Click on the ‘Start Speed Test’. Wait a few seconds for the test to complete. The results appear on the same page.
WOW! Speed Test Results
The test was conducted five times to see if this Speed Test is efficient enough to test our internet speed.
|Test||Ping/Latency||Jitter||Download Speed [Mbps]||Upload Speed [Mbps]|
|Speed Test 1||212 ms||2 ms||20.6 Mbps||11.7 Mbps|
|Speed Test 2||212 ms||2 ms||20.95 Mbps||15.6 Mbps|
|Speed Test 3||217 ms||1 ms||14.7 Mbps||318.1 Mbps|
|Speed Test 4||215 ms||1 ms||12.8 Mbps||18.1 Mbps|
|Speed Test 5||211 ms||1 ms||14.7 Mbps||35.94 Mbps|
While we conducted the speed test for about five times for the same connection and speed provided by our ISP. The factors, in an average, saw a consistent value. The time taken by the website was the same as other sites would take which is around 30-35 seconds for the complete result.
Cable One Speed Test Review
The speed test results sometimes vary with the speed according to your plan. Though the ISP speed tests claim to give accurate results, there is always speculation surrounding that these servers manipulate the results.
To confirm this, you can always cross-check if this is true. With several other speed tests available like TestMy.net, Ookla, Comcast/XFINITY, etc. that are popular and well-trusted sites that provide accurate results of your internet speed.
Cable One Speed Test is an easy-to-use site to test your speed, and the results are, most of the time accurate. So, if you choose to check your internet speed, then it is a good choice. And if you aren’t a Cable One customer, then you have nothing to lose if you are worried about the manipulation put by the ISP speed testing websites.
Also Read: Testmy.net Speed Test Review
What are the factors that cause incorrect speed results?
While one can be pointed out for causing the incorrect results, here are a few factors that might play a part in doing so:
- Internet congestion: You might have faced it before when you couldn’t access other sites because you opened something that delayed the process. Internet Congestion is a network state where a link carries massive data which worsen network service quality, resulting in queuing delay and the blocking of new connections. A congested network slows down the response time with reduced network throughput. Congestion occurs when bandwidth is insufficient, and network data traffic exceeds capacity.
- Website/server limitations: The server limitations might also cause the wrong results as they can’t access all the information because of restrictions.
- Corrupted web browsers: Your web browsers might be corrupted for some reasons, but it does play a role in displaying the wrong results of your internet speed.
- Adware or spyware: There’s no doubt that you will find enormous adware or spyware online. This might be beneficial for service providers, but it is a nuisance to the consumers as they cause serious troubles without even knowing that they exist. With them playing their own roles for the service providers, it surely does its part in showing wrong results of your speed test.
- Wired vs Wireless connection: Although this is not a confirmed cause, you might want to consider it to get correct results.
- Type of modem: Modems comes of different quality, and its fluctuations can also result in fluctuations in speed result.
- Computer’s processing speed: You might already know that certain speed test services don’t work with the older versions of operating systems. And before you test your speed make sure your operating systems have been to higher versions.
- Operating system’s efficiency: This is related to the computer processing speed. Some operating system might not be able to access the server because of its inefficiency and show completely wrong results.
How to improve your speed?
While this process can’t guarantee the complete improvement of your speed, but if these factors were to be responsible, then it might help you. Check them out if you might be making these mistakes
Mover closer to your Gateway/router: It is known that speed and coverage decrease with distance. Hence it is recommended that you move closer to your router in an emergency.
Placement of the Router: Place the router somewhere open, avoiding a closed area such as cabinets or closets.
Avoid Obstruction: Do not place your router behind a large household item like refrigerator or closets. Remove it to an area higher than them if possible.
Use Internet TroubleShooting Tool: If the tips as mentioned above haven’t solved your problem, then your home connection must be having a problem. Try using the troubleshooting tools to check what is causing the trouble.