The Cablevision Optimum Speed Test is provided by the Optimum Telecasting Company. They also provide phone connections, smart home optimization, internet, cable TV and more.
In case this speed test doesn’t run smoothly try running it on a different modem. You must make sure that your ram is updated. Your hard disk should not have any virus either, run a few scans just to make sure. Before you start the test, make sure that any other devices in your home that are connected to the internet, like an iPad or Xbox, or that download content like Netflix via the internet, such as a Smart TV, are turned off.
Also Read: Ookla Speed Test Review and Results
How to test speed with Cablevision Optimum Speed?
You might be confused with Cablevision Optimum Speed and Altice.Speedtest.net. The former was acquired by the latter which is a European conglomerate in the year 2016, hence the name Altice Speed Net.
Now let’s begin with how to test your speed with Optimum Speed Test. Just follow these steps:
Go to altice.speedtest.net by clicking on the link. You will be directed to this page:
Click on the GO option floating on the page. On doing that, the results of your Ping or Latency will appear:
Within seconds, the download speed results will appear
With the end of download speed, the upload speed will appear.
The test usually takes 30 seconds or so. The wait is short, unlike other sites.
Cablevision Optimum Speed Test Results
Here are the results of the tests that have been done for a few times:
|Test||Ping/Latency||Download Speed [Mbps]||Upload Speed [Mbps]|
|Speed Test 1||203 ms||15.17 Mbps||2.60 Mbps|
|Speed Test 2||201 ms||14.75 Mbps||2.79 Mbps|
|Speed Test 3||202 ms||13.44 Mbps||2.80 Mbps|
|Speed Test 4||206 ms||16.61 Mbps||2.80 Mbps|
|Speed Test 5||207 ms||13.30 Mbps||2.79 Mbps|
The above tests have been carried for five times on the same connection. Here you will see while there was a gradual decrease in latency, a sudden increase took place while the upload and download speed was similar to it.
We have further explained the details of this speed test.
Cablevision Optimum Speed Test Full Review
Now let us look at our brief review of the Cablevision Optimum Speed Test.
Testing your speed while using other devices simultaneously might prove detrimental to get accurate speed results, so we suggest shutting down all unnecessary devices. For the best test result, make sure your computer is connected directly to your modem, rather than your router. Accessing the internet on a wireless device via a router may impact the speed of your connection
The interface of this speed test looks very messy and unorganized. It is not the best-looking speed test out there. Also, it does not show the correct results if run on an old operating system i.e., Windows 7, Windows 8, etc.
Its booting time is a bit slow and even slower is the time it takes to download your system files. The test result it shows, if run on an up-to-date OS is accurate. The website also offers a panel of various buttons that are assigned to show you one particular aspect of the speed test, for example, upload speed, ping, etc.
Bottomline: The results are only accurate if the operating system is the newest version.
Pros and Cons of Cablevision Speed Test
- It is accurate and provides results that will show the speed of your plan.
- It is based on Ookla platform enough to assure its reliability
- The interface is user-friendly
- Shows accurate results if the operating system is the latest version
- Cluttered interface with ads all over
- Site based on an insecure HTTP protocol
The results here are somehow accurate, but you should keep in mind about some important factors that might cause the result to vary from the actual speed.
What to do for best results?
We can’t guarantee the preciseness of this website since we don’t own the servers, but it completely depends upon the tests which we have done for our connection. Therefore, we can only give you some tips that might work for you. Read them below:
Use one device: Before starting the test, make sure that the device which you are testing on would be the only one connected to the internet. You might even want to turn them off for a while.
Stop all applications: The applications running on the background may affect the results, hence stop all of them before the tests.
Connect directly to your modem: Connect your computer to your modem than through the router. The internet access on a wireless device might also cause the results to vary.
Update your OS: The older versions of your operating system also affect the results or it might not work at all. Therefore, make sure your operating system is up-to-date.
How to improve internet performance?
- When you need better internet speed, connect to your modem or home network with an Ethernet connection rather than USB if you use wired connections.
- You can use the 802.11ac dual-band wireless routers which contribute to fast speeds and flexibility to the extended range for wireless connection.
- Upgrade your operating systems.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Keep some hard drive space free.
- Keep a check on your computer by running system utilities such as Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter.
- If you have many plugins in your Web browser, try disabling some of them.
What factors affect Internet speed?
There are several factors that can affect your Internet speed:
- Internet traffic: The number of apps used at the same time might slow down the internet speed.
- Server speed: Now it might come new to you, but the server speed of the site you are visiting might also affect the speed.
- Limitations: There might be some versions of your operating system which might restrict the high usage of internet
- Configuration: Your computer’s hardware and software configuration.
- Devices: Traffic on your home network such as the number of devices that are using the internet at the same time.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!