Change Windows 7 password: Windows 7, is an operating system produced by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT (processor-independent, multiprocessing and multi-user operating system) family of operating systems. Windows 7 was initially designed to be an upgrade to Microsoft Windows, assigned to address Windows Vista’s lower critical reception while maintaining hardware and software compatibility.
Windows 7 advanced developments on Windows Aero (the user interface introduced in Windows Vista) with the extension of a redesigned taskbar that lets applications to be “pinned” to it, and new window management features. There were other new features continued to the Windows 7 operating system which includes libraries, HomeGroup-the new file sharing system, and support for multi-touch input.
A new “Action Center” interface was also attached to present an overview of system security and maintenance data. Tweaks were also devised to the User Account Control system to make it less interfering. Windows 7 also dispatched with updated variants of several stock applications, including Internet Explorer 8, Windows Media Player, and Windows Media Center.
Change Windows 7 password
With the improvement in Windows 7, changing passwords has become easy of a task to perform. There are various ways to change password in Windows 7. Here’s a list of tried and tested ways to change your password.
To change your password from the control panel, follow these steps:
- Click on Start and then Control Panel.
- Then click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
- Click on the User Accounts link.
- In the ‘Make changes to your user account’ area of the User Accounts window, click the Change your password link.
- Enter your current password in the first text box.
- In the next two text boxes, enter the password you would like to start using.
- Entering the password twice helps to make sure that you typed your new password correctly.
- Enter a password hint when in the final text box.
- This step is optional but highly recommended. If you try logging in to Windows but enter the wrong password, this hint will display, which hopefully will jog your memory.
- Click on the Change password button to confirm your changes.
- You can now close the User Accounts window and any other Control Panel windows.
Shortcut (Ctrl +Alt+Del)
This is one of the simplest ways to change the admin password on Windows 7. Just follow the steps below.
- Select Ctrl +Alt+Del.
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Then, click Change a password.
- Type your old password. Then type your new password. Next, type your new password again to confirm it.
- Press ENTER.
You can also use “lusrmgr.msc” to change login password Windows 7. To get back your password by using lusrmgr.msc, follow the given steps:
- Log into the computer as the administrator.
- Open Local Users and Groups with a click on the Start button. Type lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click Local Users and Groups. Then click Users. The page displays the ‘all user accounts’ on the computer.
4. Right-click on the account that you want to reset the password. Then click Set Password to change your password.
Control User Passwords 2
Control userpasswords2 is also one of the easiest ways to change or reset the password on Windows 7
- Press Windows+R. The Run box gets displayed.
- Type Control userpasswords2 in the run box. Press Enter. You can also type “netplwiz” in the start search box instead.
- User Accounts Management window appears. Select any user. Select the reset password.
You can use the command prompt to change the password Windows in 7. Do the following:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator with a click on the Start button.
- Type “cmd” in the search box.
- Hold down the Shift key and right-click cmd command.
- Choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Use the command: net user username password
- Replace username with the original username and password with the new password you want to assign to that user.
Use your new password to log in to Windows after changing the password.
These are a few methods to change your passwords in Windows 7. These methods always come handy. I hope this article will help you to solve your problems. If you have suggestions or questions regarding this, then you can comment down. Visit Morphigo.com to delve into some amazing and interesting tech articles.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!