Are you looking for Google Docs Alternative? Well, then you have come to the right place. The word processor Google Docs is included as part of a free, web-based software proffered by Google through its Google Drive offering. It also comes with Google Sheets and Google Slides, a spreadsheet, and a presentation program. Google Docs can be accessed as a web application, mobile app for Android, iOS, Windows, BlackBerry, and also as a desktop application on Google’s ChromeOS. Now those features are tough competition for the rival tools like Google Docs. But everything has its replacement, whether its good or better than it.
The biggest contributor to Google Docs’ success is that it is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats. Since Microsoft Word is the universal standard for documents, its compatibility with Google Docs was a huge advantage. Another reason for its success is that Android Google’s proprietary OS proliferated into the biggest OS in the world, it required devices to attach its apps as an essential part of the smartphone. This article is dedicated to the best of Google Docs Alternatives 2019. Make sure to check them out below.
Best Alternative to Google Docs 2019
Google Doc lets users create and edit files online while working with other users concurrently. Edits can be tracked by the user with a revision history documenting changes. A permissions system governs what users can do. Updates have bought in features that use machine learning, such as “Explore”, which displays search results based on the contents of a document, and “Action items”, letting users assign tasks to other users. Google docs is definitely the best of options one can choose, but there are a few objects that always weighs against the software and maybe this list highlights them. Read further to know more.
A few open-source Google Docs alternative is preferred by some people or some might even find Google Docs alternatives for collaboration that has more and better features than this software. So here is a list of viable Alternative to Google Docs out there.
Microsoft Office Online
The most obvious alternative to Google Docs is Microsoft Office Online. It provides all the basic essential features of Google docs with the option to unlock more through advanced features. One particular feature worth mentioning is the “Tell Me” feature that will let you ask Office online for advice if you find yourself in a bind. The feature is astounding. All you have to do is type in what you want to do and you will start seeing solutions (quite precise ones I might add). For those of us used to working with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Online offers a seamless transition. All your documents are saved in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Save space as you don’t have to download the software
- Open every file type that MS Office can use
- Work with others on a file concurrently in real-time
- Automatic spell check in Word, OneNote, Calendar, and Outlook
Official Website: office.com
Another solid software for Google Docs alternatives. Its interface is visceral and works equally well on all devices like smartphones, tablets, and PC, unlike others that work best on a PC. All documents come equipped with a chat section where you can easily have discussions regarding the document. This is particularly useful on Smartphones, making it simple to chat and interact with both the document and the chat. You have the option of editing the document both online and offline and discuss the topic online while you are out and about. Another nifty feature is its news feed that keeps track of all the changes to the documents.
- Get everyone on the same page without email or meetings with the live version to view and edit simultaneously.
- Chat with your colleagues or friends with the help of real-time built-in chat
- It is accessible through the Web, an iOS app, and an Android app
- Gives live updates on the history of edits made and enables users to highlight portions of a document and add comments
Official Website: quip.com
No list of Google Docs alternatives is complete without mentioning its name. It offers all the usual editing and sharing tools that Google Docs offers with an interface that will remind you of Office Online. It comes in free and paid versions. The free version is meant for personal use, if you are a big company then you will want to go for the paid version that includes all the tools required by such companies, including mail servers, domain and CRM tools. The best part is that you can attach a cloud storage account with ONLYOFFICE to save all your work at one place. You can connect Google Drive, DropBox, OneDrive, Box and OwnCloud. You can download, move, delete and share documents at your convenience making it very easy to interact with documents.
Official Website: onlyoffice.com
An up and coming Google Docs Alternative. It lets you post comments on the Paper document, To-do lists, calendar timelines and blocks of code are all feasible. Paper is more intent on interactions and comments. What’s more, you can actively add a lot of elements to the document itself. So if you just want to make notes or comments or critique in any way then share it with others, Paper is the way to go.
- Create new docs or edit existing ones, and share them with your team right from the app
- Comment, share and use the @mentions on the go
- Edit or comment on your starred and recent docs, or create new docs even when you’re offline
Official Website: dropbox.com
Another awesome Google Docs alternative. It comes in both desktop and web-based apps. Anything edited on any of its platforms is automatically synced. Zoho Docs will have its own separate folder in your PC and every document added gets synced with Zoho, this includes documents from other sources as well.
- Enables Document Assembly
- Comes with Collaboration Tools
- Allows Offline Access
Official Website: zoho.com
If you are looking for G
- You can create a profile, chat with contacts, and more
- Share files with your friends or embed them in your pads
- Includes functionality which includes folders, shared folders, templates, tags and more
- Access to your Crypt Drive is enabled everywhere with your user account
- Pads stored in your Crypt Drive never get deleted even if you are inactive
Official Website: cryptpad.fr
A great substitute for Google Docs It is an online sharing and editing service with a particular focus on documents flush with information. This online application comes with a sophisticated set of editing tools. The layout will remind you of MS Office. You also get to post comments and have the option to reply to each one individually, delete it or mark it as addressed.
- View and edit text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more
- Collaborative editing features
- Long Term Support and signed security updates
- Works in any modern browser with no need of a plugin
Official Website: collaboraoffice.com
Google Docs alternatives don’t get any better than this. It comes with a standard editor that seems simple and nonobtrusive. You can store files in a file vault where they are protected by encrypted keys, an added bonus. You have the option to share files through public links.
- Own Your Encryption Keys
- Unlimited File Uploads
- Unlimited File Uploads
- Public File Sharing
Official Website: graphitedocs.com
A great choice if you are looking for a Google Docs Alternative. You can add numerous interactive elements like graphs, table, videos, etc. within a single document. The idea is to indulge any idea that you come up with. To expedite things, Coda allows you to begin new tasks or tag a fellow member by simply typing ‘@’. This app lets many users harmonize their inputs in real-time.
- Edit data with collaborative documents that include spreadsheet-like databases to build custom apps inside documents
- Add formulas to columns and in-line within documents
- Visualize data with kanban boards, and graphs
- You can include date pickers, sliders, checkboxes, and more controls in tables
- Collaborate on documents with live collaboration, comments, and revision history
Official Website: coda.io
Another sound Google Docs Alternatives. Bit.AI is far ahead of Google Docs when it comes to sharing options. On the dashboard, admins can supervise or direct all of the activities of the users invited to pitch in. You can create multiple workspaces with each having its own objective. Besides individual monitoring of access to each of the workspaces, the admins can also track each link which has been shared by their teams and keep tabs on the activity on each document. Needless to say, each Google Docs alternatives brings something different to the table and is tailored to meet the needs of specific people. There is no one sure shot option. Familiarize yourself with what you want and then pick accordingly. Use this list of best Document sharing sites to collaborate with your team easily.
- It has a customizable interface
- Come with digital content management
- Intelligent Document Editor
- Also includes engagement analytics
Official Website: bit.ai