Minecraft Username: Username might be the most important we care about, but it is something that is we do give a lot of thought while creating one. Whether it is for a simple social media account or a game account. It might have happened to you as well that you must have thought to change the username that you have created for Minecraft. So, here we are with the solution to change your Minecraft username.
Before we go on with the procedures of changing your name, you should know a few details about changing the username on Minecraft. It is not something difficult or impossible, but it obviously has its conditions for changing it. Therefore, note them as it can come handy for you to know them.
Change your Minecraft Username
As mentioned earlier, you should know a few things about changing your Minecraft username. Firstly, you can’t change your username twice immediately after changing it. In other words, if you have changed the username, you can’t change it for another 30 days. It is same with all the accounts whether it is old or new.
Firstly, you can’t change your username twice immediately after changing it. In other words, if you have changed the username, you can’t change it for another 30 days. It is same with all the accounts whether it is old or new.
Secondly, the username that you have created previously, but not in use anymore is stored for 37 days before it is available to others.
Thirdly, there might be some usernames that are unavailable. Obviously that can’t be available to you. So, if you want to keep that name, you can either choose some special characters or choose another name.
Lastly, you should know that you can’t change your username in Minecraft PE or Console editions. These versions use your Xbox Live or PlayStation Gamertag instead.
Requirements for Changing the Minecraft Username
You must know that when you create usernames anywhere, it shows you some limitation and Minecraft isn’t an exception. Here are a few things that you should know for creating or changing the username:
- There must be at least three characters which can extend up to sixteen characters. Therefore, you can choose a great username with the total numbers of characters available for you.
- You can’t use spaces in your username. That’s one limitation it has. So, maybe you would want to choose other characters for it.
- You can use the alphabets A-Z in both upper and lower cases.
- The numbers allowed for the usernames are 0-9.
- Well, now you might be disappointed by this, but the only special character that is allowed for the username is the underscore (_). So, when you create your username, the only character is the underscore (_) you can put with the numbers and alphabets.
Complete Tutorial on How to Change your Minecraft Username
Here is the complete process to change your Minecraft username:
- Go to mojang.com in your browser.
- Click on the option Account on the top right corner of the page.
- Click on the ‘Log in’ at the top right side of the page. You can skip this step if you are already logged in.
- Enter your login information like your email address and password against the specified fields on the page.
- As you complete entering the specifications, then click on Log in button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, search for the “Profile Name” option. You will find it in the center of the page.
- Click on the Change option. It is the link to your current username.
- Insert a new profile name in the text field to the change it to a new username name that you want.
- Now, you have to check it’s availability. Click on the Check Availability option.
- Then, enter your password in the text field with the same password that you use to log into your Minecraft account.
- For the last step, you should click on the Change name at the bottom of the page. This final step will change your current username to your new username immediately.
You can now use the changed Minecraft Username to log into Minecraft on your Windows or Mac computer.
Note: As mentioned earlier, you can’t keep your username which is unavailable. Therefore, if the fields are colored red, then you can’t proceed with the username changing process.
Here are a few tips for you for your Minecraft account:
- You might have come across the “not authenticated with Minecraft.net” error message. And also you might be wondering what you should do. Well, for that you should first log out of your account. Once you log out, the page will get a chance to reload and refresh. Once the site refreshes, you can log in again. You will surely get access.
- The second tip for you is more of what you certainly be looking for as there are a lot of annoying people online that you want to block. You can blacklist a username as well as whitelist them.
- Top 10 Offline games for Android Mobiles
- Top 10 Online games for Android mobiles
- Top 10 Free Games for Windows 7 PC/Laptops
- Top 10 Free Games for Mac OS to play on iMac/MacBook