Instagram Alternatives: If you are looking for some best photo sharing then this is the apt post for you. 60-70% of the people in the globe only know about Instagram as the best platform for image networking. But the things is that there are lots more. Being launched in 2010 for iOS versions and in 2012 for Android users, Instagram has surely rolled out the image networking platforms. Instagram now accounts for more than 1 billion active users. This is significantly unbelievable to digest of how users are more into using this magnificent application.
Although the numbers above have been eminent one should consider some issues in regard to the privacy and also the photo editing options on Instagram. There are only a few limited photo modification options which might not impress a few. Also, you need to be careful of how you are using Instagram as it now acts as a social messaging platform too. The copyright of the photos that posted will be easily lost. Coming to business marketing, the photos of products can be reposted or copied for other parties to use it without permission.
Instagram Alternatives for PhotoSharing
So, let us catch up some cool Instagram Alternatives which are also serving their best in the Image networking platforms.
Snapchat is the best platform for image networking. You can simply create your Snapchat account and get started. This application provides you with the best bitmoji stickers, filters, tools, and much more. You can communicate with your pals using pictures instantly and the chat gets deleted instantly. Using this application, you can have a lot of fun with your friends and see what are your friends up to. But be mindful of what you snap because snapchatters can always save your messages by a screenshot or other alternatives. Just like Instagram, this application is available across the iOS and Android platforms.
- Edit photo with the help of face lens and wold lens which means edit photos with cartoon cat ears and whiskers or rainbow respectively
- Use Geo-filters to edit your location on your posts
- Store your memories on send later if you don’t want the pictures to disappear
Official Site: snapchat.com
Ello is the best suit for people who are in with a creative mindset and love to create new pictures/albums. Unlike the Instagram application, where the feed is set up by an algorithm based, Ello is purely setup on a chronological order. You are completely free of ads and also business profiles here. Also, this platform is so flexible that it allows you to post text, videos, audios, and images of any ratio. The discover tab is excellent in Ello, and there are more than 40 hand-curated categories for you to browse and enjoy. This application is available both on the iOS and Android platforms, hence reaching out to more people.
- tt is Ad-free, and you don’t have to see ads floating after each post
- You can manage your followers as a friend or as noise
- The app is private, safe and secure
Official Website: ello.co
Smugmug is another top Instagram alternatives available on the web. Although this is not for free it proves its worth by its salient features. Smugmug has recently acquired Flickr which was the largest photo-sharing community platform. Hence, now they are looking to expand their lines over to build a good community of photographers and creatives. One thing that catches this application to be the best alternative for Instagram is that you can download galleries to access them offline. That is a cool feature and a well-proposed feature for professional users. You can also share images directly from the app via SMS, email, and social media, so it’s not limited to face-to-face sharing. Smugmug is available both on the iOS and Android platforms making it more reachable to users.
- Customize the website the way you want
- Upload unlimited photo and video
- Responsive design which adapts to mobile, tablets, and monitors
Official Website: smugmug.com
Another top alternative for Instagram is the 500px photography community application. 500px now holds than more than 11 million users making it one of the popular applications on the web. You can also sell your images by submitting your work to the inbuilt market place for potential clients to view or also you can make the most of your image work by availing an opportunity to work with big brands via the assignment feature. Collections are often broken down into different categories so that users can view them easily by switching categories. Just like the Instagram application, the 500px is also available on both the iOS and Android platforms securing a healthy reach to the customers.
- You can follow the work of photographers and get personalized recommendations
- Profile designed for professional photographers
- Get real-time data on your phone
Official Website: 500px.com
Just as Instagram, DayFlash too runs on the same concept of sharing images and reaching out to people. But, it does that a bit different. The formatting of the photos is a bit different to Instagram over here in DayFlash. It immerses you in full-screen vertical HD photos unlike the square layout used in Instagram. Also, just like the Instagram you can take photos in the app, add filters, stickers, and much more. Users can follow friends and also see the feed of friends-of-friends which is a nice way to broaden the variety of images that you see. Dayflash being new to the market does not make it less popular. It is already been in use over 30+ countries and has photographers and professionals at much good rate using it. The only disadvantage is that it is available only on the iOS platform.
- Keyword-powered search & discovery makes it easier to discover and connect with people who match your interests and keywords
- The new update on repost called, Reflash automatically gives credit to the original poster, plus all views, likes, and comments that get added to your reflash also get added back to the original post.
- Enjoy a faster and way to view and like photos with swipe navigation and easy gestures, such as quick swipes through your Home feed instead of scrolling
Official Website: dayflashapp.com
Tumblr allows users to post photos, text, quotes, links, music, and videos from your browser, phone, desktop, emails and more. This site lest you share anything from anywhere. It is also considered as a microblog where people can post their quick snap with a short text or quote on the site unlikely of other photo-sharing apps where one can post lengthy texts along with the pictures.
- Create simple blogs to share text, images, quotes, conversations, videos, and audio recordings
- Follow other Tumblr blogs and view all posts from the Tumblr dashboard
- Reblog to share content from other blogs
Official Website: tumblr.com
Flickr is a photo-sharing platform and social network where users can create a free account and upload their own photos and videos to share with friends and followers online. It is not just another photo-sharing app as it also gives opportunities for professional photographers to showcase their skills while working for others. The app is meant for photography than for the regular photos posted on other social networking sites.
- Organizr tool allows users to edit and arrange them the way the want
- Multiple albums for a single photo
Official Website: flickr.com
- 11 Amazing iPhone tricks for Photography
- Adobe Photoshop Alternatives-10 Best Photo Editing Tools
- The 5 best DSLR cameras
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!