TeamViewer Alternative: TeamViewer is computer software for remote control(allowing you to access your computer from a remote location) desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing and file transfer between computers.
But there are plenty of Teamviewer alternatives out there, one being Remote Desktop Connection and you can read the Alternatives of Remote Desktop Connection. While some that offer more in terms of ease of use, others promise better features.
Best Teamviewer Alternatives
We know what a remote desktop can help us with and there are several remote desktop software available in the market. And you can also learn how to set up remote Windows 7 remote desktop connection. If you have come to this page looking for TeamViewer Alternatives, then you certainly have found some flaws in it. Now it is obvious as we can’t get everything in one software and it is understandable if you look for their substitutes.
This list consists of free TeamViewer alternative as well as open-source TeamViewer Alternative. And if you are looking for more of other options, then you check out these list of TeamViewer Alternatives 2019.
Windows Remote Desktop Connection
A TeamViewer alternative software right in your backyard. Before you go looking for third-party applications, it is always a good idea to see what you have on hand. In Windows, you get a free built-in tool called the Remote Desktop Connection that lets you connect to any Windows system with just a few clicks. You can access all your files and can even perform any troubleshooting operation on the remote desktop.
- Users can encrypt small amounts of data by using a 56- or 128-bit key.
- Bandwidth reduction features
- Manually disconnect from a remote desktop session without logging off
- Reduce the amount of data transmitted over a network connection
Official Website: microsoft.com
An awesome TeamViewer alternative. TightVNC is a free and lightweight remote desktop software that lets you view and control a remote desktop with ease. A great thing that TightVNC has going for it is that you can use it for you’re your commercial and non-commercial needs. It also works across platforms with the application support for Windows, Unix, and Android. Just like with the Teamviewer, you can control the remote machine and perform actions and transfer files and folders as needed. This is one great option you can look as a TeamViewer alternative for Android and Windows users.
However, unlike Teamviewer, TightVNC comes up short in ease-of-use. If you want to work with TightVNC then you need to be familiar with concepts like your target system’s IP address, port forwarding, configuring and running the server on the target system, etc.
- Transfer files in Windows versions
- Supports video mirror driver
- Comes with Tight encoding optimized for slow and medium-speed connections with optional JPEG compression
- Access enhanced web browsers
Official Website: tightvnc.com
It is one of the great TeamViewer Alternatives for macOS. RealVNC is just like TightVNC and allows you to connect and control the remote computers while being comparatively easier than the TightVNC in terms of ease-of-use. However, you still need to install the server and client applications as needed. Just like TightVNC, RealVNC works on VNC (Virtual Network Computing) protocol and the connection between systems is much more stable than when using the Teamviewer.
- Instinctive remote control where the mouse and keyboard can function as that of the remote computer.
- Creates a responsive screen-sharing experience
- PC to PC and mobile to PC across Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, iOS and Android
Official Website: realvnc.com
Terminals are one of the amazing remote desktop software which is equipped for interfacing numerous remote PCs by means of different conventions like HTTP, https, And SSH and so forth.
We need to start by making Terminals into an administrator otherwise there is a chance for it to crash. We can make associations and orchestrate them in the sidebar. It is very configurable. It offers a wide range of network tools as well. All in all a great Remote Desktop Connection alternative.
It’s an open-source Teamviewer Alternative and works on windows platform.
- Multi-tab interface with a resizable terminal window
- Customizable toolbars with search in ServerName, protocol notes, and more
- Automatically connect with stored credentials with Custom connection icon
- Import from other file formats and search computers in Active Directory or in your network by IP addresses
Official Website: github.com
Client is one of the great remote desktop software which is currently procured by Parallels Inc. Organization. It has a practical application conveyance and VDI arrangement that enables clients to access and utilize application, desktops, and information from any gadget.
This software is exceptionally simple and easy to convey, arrange, and keep up. It gives superb performance, flexible deployment, adaptable organization and is verified. Here we can refresh once and distribute information to every one of our clients. A solid pick for TeamViewer alternatives.
- User-friendly interface
- Allows users to access and use applications, desktops, and data from any device
- Reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) and has improved security
Official Website: parallels.com
MRemoteNG is a well known open-source, remote association administrator.
This remote desktop app has boards and tabs which permit consolidating associations together. It underpins multi-convention like SSH, HTTP, and HTTPS. It is straightforward in arranging and keeping up the rundown.
MRemoteNG has a few features like fast interface, speedy hunt, and auto-refresh feature. With the assistance of which, the client can see remote session data and log off sessions. It is compact and additionally permits creating nested folders to arrange connections.
It is discharged under the GPL and a client can import connections from the active directory. Another great choice for an open-source TeamViewer Remote Desktop alternative.
- RDP (Remote Desktop/Terminal Server)
- VNC (Virtual Network Computing)
- ICA (Citrix Independent Computing Architecture)
- SSH (Secure Shell)
- Telnet (TELecommunication NETwork)
- HTTP/HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
- Raw Socket Connections
Official Website: mremoteng.org
An awesome alternative to TeamViewer. Splashtop is one of the most popular remote desktop application that lets you do almost anything on a remote desktop like providing remote assistance, file sharing, accessing programs, playing games, etc.. The good thing about this application is that it supports Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Amazon Fire. Moreover, setting up Splashtop is as easy as installing the Splashtop application on both machines and entering the credentials.
If you were looking for a TeamViewer Alternative for Android, there here you are with one of the best options for you.
- Fast and reliable remote desktop connections
- All remote desktop sessions are encrypted with TLS and 256-bit AES and the device authentication with two-step verification, and multiple 2nd-level password options
- Migration from LogMeIn and other remote desktop services
Official Website: splashtop.com
Chrome Remote Desktop
A truly great TeamViewer alternative for Linux, Windows and more. If you are already using the Chrome browser on your system then there is no reason for you to go through complex configurations for a simple remote desktop connection. All you have to do is install the remote desktop extension for chrome on both systems and you are good to go. The Chrome Remote Desktop is perfect if you just want to share your screen for remote assistance. However, do keep in mind that you cannot share files and folders in the Remote Assistance mode.
- Allows users to access another computer through Chrome browser or a Chromebook remotely
- Provide remotes assistance to Windows, Mac, and Linux users, or access your Windows and Mac desktops at any time
- Supports multiple monitors and updates often
- Works even when the host user is logged off
Official Website: remotedesktop.google.com
The GoToMyPC is a remote desktop software which causes the clients to remotely get to systems by utilizing a web network.
This remote desktop software is superbly developed and simple to utilize giving an ideal harmony between functionality and usage. This works all the more proficiently by diminishing your recompense, you can connect to your computer while you are on the road.
It accompanies all-out versatility and opportunity and has ground-breaking work components and subsequently is favored by numerous organizations in the business. A Best TeamViewer Remote Desktop alternative that is simply breathtaking.
- Great file transfer feature between the common PCs.
- Multi-monitor support and we can likewise hear music on the PC which we are controlling remotely.
- It has a solid remote printing ability, which makes work less demanding.
- No software is required to be installed, just sign in an account and connect with the systems accessible on the list.
- While connecting, the performance of different systems does not go down.
- We can check whether the other client has signed in or not in this way we increase transparency.
Official Website: get.gotomypc.com