Greenshot Alternative: Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot tool optimized for productivity with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) support. With it, you can save a screenshot or a part of the screen to a file within a second or load it up to an Internet-picture-storage and get a publicly accessible URL (Confluence, Box.com, Dropbox, Flick, Imgur without/with a password, JIRA, Picasa-Web).
The image can be exported to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook). You can alter the image by applying text and shapes to the screenshot. You can capture the full window, region or full screenshot. It Supports several image formats.
But if you are in the mood for some Greenshot Alternatives, then we have compiled a list of the best Greenshot alternatives out there
Best Greenshot alternatives
Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot app for Windows. It allows you to create screenshots of a selected region, window or fullscreen as well as highlight the parts of the screenshot. These are just a few features of Greenshot. But here we have come for Greenshot screen capture alternatives. Check out the best alternatives to Greenshot of 2019.
The best Greenshot alternative out there. ShareX is a free and open-source screenshot tool that lets you capture or record any area of your screen and share it with a single press of a key. It also allows uploading images, text or other types of files to over 80 supported destinations you can choose from.
ShareX supports many ways to capture or record your screen. The main capture methods are:
• Fullscreen • Active window • Active monitor • Window menu • Monitor menu
• Region • Region (Light) • Region (Transparent) • Last region • Custom region
• Screen recording • Screen recording (GIF)
• Scrolling capture • Webpage capture • Text capture (OCR) • Auto capture
There are many configurable screen capture settings such as showing the cursor, transparent window capture, delayed capture, multiple region selections with different shapes, etc.
After the screenshot is captured the following automated tasks can be executed:
• Show quick task menu • Show “After capture” window
• Add image effects/watermark • Annotate image • Copy image to the clipboard • Print image
• Save image to file • Save image to file as… • Save thumbnail image to file
• Perform actions • Copy file to clipboard • Copy file path to clipboard
• Show file in explorer • Recognize text (OCR) • Show “Before upload” window
• Upload image to host • Delete file locally
ShareX allows you to upload any type of files with these methods:
• Upload file • Upload folder • Upload from clipboard • Upload from URL
• Drag and drop upload • Upload from Windows shell context menu
• Upload from Windows send to the menu • Watch folder
After the upload, any of the following automated tasks can be executed:
• Show “After upload” window • Shorten URL • Share URL • Copy URL to clipboard • Open URL • Show QR code window
ShareX also comes with a few simple productivity tools:
• Color picker • Screen color picker • Annotate image • Image effects
• Hash check • DNS changer • QR code • Ruler • Directory indexer
• Image combiner • Video thumbnailer • FTP client • Tweet message • Monitor test
Official Website: getsharex.com
A great Greenshot alternative. Feel free to take screenshots, crop them in the editor and put emphasis on important parts of it by applying lines and arrows in the editor. Share a
Official Website: app.prntscr.com
A truly inspired choice for a Greenshot Alternative. Snipping Tool is a free application that helps you capture device’s screen easily, conveniently. You can take a screenshot quickly without pressing any hardware button, just one touch for the screenshot. You can also edit the screen capture image after that with many powerful tools then share your file.
With the Snipping Tool, you can:
- Capture screen easily by:
- Touch the overlay icon.
- Wave your hand over the proximity sensor.
- Edit screenshot with many tools:
- Rotate, crop image.
- Draw on the captured image.
- Add text to the image.
- And many other powerful tools.
- Manage screen capture image (change name, zip, share and so on)
- Support save screen capture images as png, jpg, webp.
Official Website: www.microsoft.com
The ultimate screen capture tool. With Snagit’s capture, edit, organize and share technology… it’s easy to create engaging visuals that grab your attention. You can’t go wrong with this Greenshot alternative. You can Use Snagit to capture any image you want straight off your computer screen. Then Enhance with transparency, callouts, and other effects to turn a simple screenshot into an eye-grabbing visual. Easily organize your images and use them again and again for other projects. Then show off your Snagit creations to anyone. Just add them to your documents and presentations… or share using your favorite applications. It doesn’t take much to explain a concept or an idea with Snagit. The images you create do the talking. And the more you use Snagit, the more ways you’ll find to use it!
Official Website: techsmith.com
Official Website: picpick.app
A really good Greenshot alternative. Lightscreen is a simple tool to automate the onerous process of saving and cataloging screenshots, it operates as a hidden background process that is invoked with one (or multiple) hotkeys and then saves a screenshot file to disk according to the user’s preferences. Now, in the new version, you can upload all your screenshots automatically onto Imgur. A capture’s thumbnail is a rather good feature of this utility.
Official Website: lightscreen.com.ar
A good choice for a Greenshot Alternative.FastStone Capture is a powerful, lightweight, yet full-featured screen capture and screen recording tool that allows for capturing and annotating anything on the screen including windows, objects, menus, full screen, rectangular/freehand regions and even scrolling windows/web pages. Other notable features include an eyedropper color selection, a resizable on-screen ruler, a magnifying glass tool, and pixel-exact cropping via arrow keys.
Official Website: faststone.org
You can’t go wrong with this Greenshot alternative. A powerful, yet simple to use screenshot software. Features a free draw tool, arrows, lines, circles, and other tools for editing the screenshots you take. Screenshots can be uploaded to Imgur, saved to a local file, or copied directly to your clipboard to easily paste in other programs. Many configuration options are available, such as hiding icons or changing the colors used in the program. Flameshot is also open source, so experienced developers can help improve the program.
Official Website: flameshot.js.org
Evernote Web Clipper
We love this Greenshot alternative. Save anything you see online – including text, links, and images – into your Evernote account with a single click.
Official Website: evernote.com
A first-rate Greenshot alternative. CloudApp is the best screenshot editing and video screen recording software. You can record anything on your screen and capture it into an image, a GIF, and a high definition video with sound. Anything you see — on your webcam, a customer call, a Skype, etc. After you’ve captured your screen, anything you’ve captured will be instantly uploaded to the cloud so it’s easily shareable as a link and backed up and safe.
CloudApps screenshot annotation mode supports blur, arrows, text boxes, emoji, and the ability to send directly to business tools like Trello or Slack. CloudApps video screen recording mode supports the real-time highlighting of the mouse cursor and mouse click effects, selection of your preferred video and audio recording devices, and you can also add your webcam at the same time as the screen is being recorded so you have more personal experience.
Official Website: getcloudapp.com
- How to take Mac Screenshot manually?
- How to take a screenshot on iPhone and iPad?
- How to transfer screenshots from iPhone to Mac?
- How to take a Screenshot in Windows 10?
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?