Sites like Twitter: As we all know, the microblogging sites, Twitter has been the best and topmost platforms hanging around. Not needing some special description about Twitter and its usage, it has been reliably the most efficient social platforms in the world. Considering a whopping number of more than 321 million users one should be able to distinguish how big a network this is. But, there are other alternatives too which serve the importance and functions as that of the Twitter application. Twitter allows its users to communicate through small messages termed as tweets. These tweets can be visible, re-posted, and re-tweeted by your followers.
Although the platform looks all set and cool there are some drawbacks linked with it. Some of the set drawbacks are the tweet count limit which is just around 280 words, so you cannot post stories or a large description for something. Also, Spamming has been huge on Twitter. Spammers create fake accounts and provide fake and false information against some big companies or well known social activists. These can set you back and make you look for other twitter alternatives. So, here is an article for you with the best Microblogging Sites like Twitter on the internet.
7 Sites like Twitter – Twitter Alternatives
Some people feel that Twitter doesn’t account for users of what’s said by them and that makes them get off with this application. For people of such kind who doesn’t opt twitter as their microblogging platform, here are some top microblogging sites like Twitter you can push yourself into.
The Tumblr app is one of the famous microblogging sites used by millions of users worldwide. Owned by Yahoo, Tumblr has been cool Twitter alternatives with over 183 million blogs and over 83 billion posts. Using this app, one can post images, text, videos, links, etc without any restriction. Tumblr is available both on the Android and iOS platform just like the Twitter application. You can also use the default options for editing texts, posting pictures, and also some cool keyboard shortcuts.
- You can create simple blogs to share text, images, quotes, conversations, videos, and audio recordings
- Follow other Tumblr blogs and view all posts from the Tumblr dashboard
- Personalize blog with custom domain or theme
Official Website: tumblr.com
The Amino app revolves around the theme of social networking which basically focuses on teenage based platforms. Using this app you can engage with people and communities which match your interests making you more inclined to your respective platform. Amino holds over more than a million communities around the globe and is thereby well established. This application is available both on the iOS and Android platforms hence reaching out more audience just as the Twitter application. You can be anonymous with Amino, i.e, you can change names of yourself for each community. Hence, Amino sounds good to be a cool Twitter alternative.
- Unite with your people and meet likeminded people around the world
- Amino Creator Manager allows anyone to create a Community
- Custom design features including logo, theme, background image and more
Official Website: aminoapps.com
Plurk is another top Twitter alternative though with some modifications. Even though Plurk has been facing some serious competition since its launch in 2008, it has been doing well. It is just another microblogging platform with extended features. Some of those include the word limit for posts which extends to 210 characters. Also, users can make use of the instant texting option available which allows users to chat in real-time. Plurk also allows you to involve in group conversations which makes it more popular and cool to use. Also, just like Twitter, this app is available both on the iOs and the Android platforms.
- Share your status or events with your friends and followers
- Get updates about others who you follow on Plurk
- Share real-time photos, Youtubes with your followers.
Official Website: plurk.com
Mastodon is an open-source microblogging platform which is filled with toots instead of the regular Tweets on Twitter. Unlike the tweets, the toots can be ranged around 500 words. In Mastodon, you will find a bit different but cool networking bases.
This way you get to engage with the types of people you want to rather than exposing yourself to the whole world. You can use individual instances created by people so that you can join them by abiding with those rules and instructions. If you find them cool you can join them and hence build your networking.
- Mastodon comes with useful anti-abuse tools to help protect yourself.
- You get 500 characters along with adjusting the thumbnails of your pictures with focal points
- Choose custom emojis, hide things behind spoiler warnings and choose who sees a given post.
Official Website: joinmastodon.org
Sina Weibo is a Chinese microblogging (weibo: meaning micro-blog) website. Weibo was launched in August 2009 by Sina Group following the ban of Twitter and Facebook in mainland China. It is one of the biggest microblogging sites in China, with over 445 Million monthly active users. Sina Weibo is a Chinese microblogging (weibo: meaning micro-blog) website. Weibo was launched in August 2009 by Sina Group following the ban of Twitter and Facebook in mainland China. It is one of the biggest microblogging sites in China, with over 445 Million monthly active users. Sina launched Sina Weibo International version in March 2017. This version is lightweight and has a clean, compact user interface design. It also includes an ad-free feature giving users better experience while having all the features of the original functions.
- Share files from PDF to MP3 through Weibo Media File Share
- With Long-Form Weibo you can write a long essay to your followers when the 140 characters don’t suffice.
- You can ‘Own a Hashtag’ which is widely useful especially for commercial use for marketing
Official Website: weibo.com
Tout is another example of online microblogging sites like Twitter that enables its users to send and view 15-second videos, known as “touts.” This website also offers a video sharing with a microblogging design where the videos are listed in a feed similar to a tweet feed in Twitter, and you can follow each other the way you do on Twitter.
- You can access over 85MM monthly viewers and maintain your ability to sell all advertising in a brand-safe environment
- Watch the most popular videos live
- If you are looking advertising, you can target the most engaged audience at scale in a transparent, open and brand-safe environment.
Official Website: tout.com
The Ello app is a good example of online microblogging sites created by Paul Budnitz and Todd Berger in March 2014. The great thing about this app is that its ad-free feature and one of the reasons for its popularity among users. Ello describes itself as being a social networking site but is more of a microblogging site like Twitter. Users can follow, be followed, and make posts.
- Ad-free, the biggest advantage where you don’t have to see ads floating after each post.
- You can manage your followers as friend or noise.
- The app is private, safe and secure.
Official Website: ello.co
Tips to Get More Followers on Twitter
Twitter is an important part of social networking and it hasn’t just died yet. There are many commercial brands that include Twitter for marketing their products and posting updates about their new products. There are more than 70% of the Millenials who use Twitter as a means to update themselves of the product and its information. But an important thing to note about Twitter is that if you are going to update a tweet, you should know only your followers can see unless your followers retweet it for their followers to know about it. This is why it becomes important for you to get more followers on Twitter. Here are a few simple steps where you can gain more followers on Twitter:
- Optimize your profile: Your profile is the information that you give to your followers about you, your brand and the service you might provide. You can enhance your profile by using a catchy phrase that your service can provide your followers or use hashtags that your brand is known for.
- Engage with your followers: This is an utmost important way to get your audience hooked. When you engage with your followers, they will start trusting your products/service and your followers become a worth. If your posts don’t get any engagement, the followers will be useless. To engage with your followers, you can answer to their queries, respond to their mentions in comments, reply to the direct messages and more.
- Stay active and have constant Twitter routines: Staying active is another vital way to gain followers. If you are not posting regularly, your followers are bound to unfollow you. Make sure you have content to post on a regular basis, even if it can’t be daily.
- Plan and schedule your Tweets: The timing of your tweets matter because the tweets that you post when your followers aren’t on the platform, then your tweets won’t be seen.
- Post Quality Content: Needless to say, good content will get more likes, comments and share and the bad content won’t.
- 7 Instagram Alternatives for Photo Sharing
- 10 Sites like Facebook for Social Networking
- 5 Easy tips to increase likes on Facebook instantly
- How to Change Twitter Username?
- 7 LinkedIn Alternatives
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!