Fios is an internet, TV, and home phone services provider which is powered by a 100% fiber-optic network which helps Verizon give a fast internet speed, and crystal clear phone calls along with the delivery of hundreds of TV channels. The Verizon Speed Test is an online bandwidth test that Verizon Service recommends their Fios high-speed customers to use for testing their internet speed.
As a Verizon Fios customer, if you choose to test your bandwidth with the Verizon Speed Test, then the results will reasonably come out the best as you can confirm if those Mbps or Gbps numbers are correct in your monthly bill. But, on the other hand, the non-Verizon customers shouldn’t choose this for testing their speed as the test result wouldn’t be as accurate as it should be.
Verizon Fios Speed Test
Below you will learn how to use the Verizon Speed Test properly. Though it is not accurate for other internet services, the results for the customers come out precisely compared to other speed test services.
Verizon uses a hosted Ookla platform. Ookla has a corner on internet speed testing, trusted by a lot of users. It is because of their easy to use technology on other sites. These days a lot of internet speed test sites has Ookla’s logo in their sites one of which is Verizon Fios.
How to use Verizon Fios Speed Test
Verizon uses Ookla’s excellent software, but it uses its own server as testing points, which results in accurate results than those of other speed tests.
To get started with Verizon, follow these steps:
- Go to verizon.com/speedtest/. To test your internet speed, you don’t have to sign in to your Verizon account or have one to know the results.
- Click or tap on ‘Get started’. If the page doesn’t load quickly, don’t cancel it. It usually takes a few moments for the page to load.
- The Download Test and Upload Test also take a few moments. Wait until the process completes. The whole process takes a minute or two to complete.
Also note, during the test, Verizon sends and receives arbitrary data to and from your device, to determine your internet speed in Mbps.
Once the tests complete, a summary page appears where you will be able to see the final download and upload results. It will come handy if you record the results if you want to keep track of your internet speed. It can also help you get a refund from Verizon based on your speed value.
Verizon Speed Test Results
|Speed Test||Latency||Download Speed||Upload Speed|
|Speed Tests 1||2.4 ms||53.8 [Mbps]||85 [Mbps]|
|Speed Tests 2||2.2 ms||53.8 [Mbps]||90 [Mbps]|
|Speed Tests 3||2.4 ms||59.0 [Mbps]||83 [Mbps]|
|Speed Tests 4||2.8 ms||58.6 [Mbps]||86 [Mbps]|
|Speed Tests 5||2.1 ms||58.0 [Mbps]||93 [Mbps]|
Verizon Fios Speed Test Accuracy
The Verizon Fios speed test is only helpful for your speed test if you are a Verizon Fios user. And it actually works if you want a correct result of your Fios internet speed. It has previously been mentioned, Verizon doesn’t work accurately for other internet services but Verizon itself. Read its pros and cons below.
Pros and Cons of Verizon Speed Test
- Loads quickly and you don’t have to wait for a long staring at the screen for the test.
- The interface is uncluttered and user-friendly,
- The tests run on a secure site, and they list your IP address on the test results screen.
- This test simply cannot be trusted
- It doesn’t tell users where their testing location
- Isn’t available globally
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions that might help you to choose your speed test tool better.
Is Verizon FIOS speed test accurate?
It can’t be said that it is accurate. It would be better if you choose other speed test tools.
How can I speed up my Verizon FIOS?
There aren’t any particular steps to speed up your Verizon Fios, but here are a few measures to boost up your speed:
Mover closer to your Gateway/router: It is obviously known that speed and coverage decrease with distance. Hence it is recommended that you move closer to your router in an emergency.
Placement of the Router: Place the router somewhere open, avoiding a closed area such as cabinets or closets.
Avoid Obstruction: Do not place your router behind a large household item like refrigerator or closets. Remove it to an open area or place higher than them if possible.
Use TroubleShooting Tool: If the tips mentioned above haven’t solved your problem, then your home connection must be having a problem. Try using the troubleshooting tools to check what is causing the trouble.
Can I use two routers with Verizon FIOS?
Yes, you can use two routers with Verizon FIOS. Either connect Netgear routers as is the best approach or use another brand if you want. FiOS routers are easily compatible, but if you are willing to exclude it, then you can choose various other brands that give much better features. But not that, if you are using a different brand, you must set up the IP to match the Verizon Network.
How to verify your Verizon connection speed?
The Verizon speed test can verify your connection from the router to the Verizon network.
Before starting the test, be sure to:
- Connect your computer directly to your router using an Ethernet cable
- Disconnect from any VPN service
- Make sure no other device is connected to your internet
- Avoid using video or music streaming apps while testing
What are the factors that affect your internet speed?
These might be the factors to slow down the speed of your internet:
- Components within your computer like processor speed, amount of available memory, operating system, and more.
- The number of applications running at the same time might result in a slower speed of internet.
- The number of devices that share the internet connection simultaneously.
- The quality and condition of the wiring which connects your device to the network.
More Speed Test Reviews
- Charter Speed Test Review and Results | Is it Accurate?
- Ookla Speed Test Review, Results | Is it Accurate on Mobile?
- WOW! Speed Test Review | Is it Accurate?
- Cable One Speed Test Review, Results | Is it Accurate?
- Mediacom Speed Test Review | Speed Test for MediaCom Results
- Comcast Speed Test Review (XFINITY) | Is it Accurate?
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!